Middle Market Financing and Investing
Solar Capital Partners has a dedicated team of approximately 40 professionals who provide equipment lease and loan solutions to companies in the United States and Canada that operate primarily in manufacturing, construction, and transportation industries.
We entered the equipment finance business through the acquisition of Nations Equipment Finance (“NEF”) by Solar Capital Ltd. in 2017. NEF was founded in 2010 by former GE Capital equipment finance professionals whose team has collectively over 200 years of experience and has worked together for nearly 20 years. NEF has extensive experience in valuing fixed assets and structuring transactions allowing us to provide our customers with quick, creative and straightforward solutions to their financing needs.
Since inception, the NEF management team has originated and underwritten over $1.2 billion of multi-million dollar portfolios of equipment-secured lease and term loan investments in various industries and collateral types.
- Primarily privately held or family owned businesses
- Businesses with a high percentage of fixed assets in need of liquidity
- Borrowers who typically have limited access to traditional bank financing
- Equipment finance is mission critical to borrower’s success
- Capital Lease / Finance Lease
- True Lease / Tax Lease
- Sale and Leaseback
- Equipment Revolver / Equipment-based Line of Credit
- Term loan / Equipment Loan
- TRAC or Split TRAC Lease
Typical Investment Size $1M to $50M